A common, but serious disease that affects many individuals over their lifetime is the result of infections of the gum tissue within a person’s mouth. This disorder is known as periodontal disease or gum disease. For more information about gum disease be on the lookout the following 8 symptoms of gum disease:
– Do your gums bleed frequently during mealtime or while brushing or flossing?
– Are your teeth feeling extra moveable or out of position?
– Do you take any medications that have dry mouth as a known symptom?
– Are you taking any unsafe substances, such as drugs or tobacco?
– Are your gums pulling away from your teeth, resulting in your teeth looking longer than normal?
– Do your gums look uncharacteristic, including signs of inflammation, excessive swelling, or tenderness when touched or used?
– Have you been in to see your dentist for regular oral checkups?
– Are you regularly suffering from bad breath, also referred to as halitosis, which continues to return even after brushing and flossing?
If you would like to schedule your gum disease treatments at Dental Implant and Aesthetic Specialists of Atlanta or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Brett Langston and our team at our dentist office in Decatur, Georgia, please give us a call at (404) 321-4588. We make smiles great!