If you have not already done so, it is essential to set up an oral health care checklist for your toothbrush care to ensure your toothbrush is being cared for and treated properly. This includes always assessing any damage that it may have sustained, and keeping it safe from any forms of contamination and risks that can arise. Here are some tips to remember:
– Choose a toothbrush that can easily reach all sides of your mouth.
– Avoid sharing your toothbrush with others.
– Exchange your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or earlier as necessary.
– Select a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Never let others use your toothbrush.
– If standard toothbrushes are too problematic to use, switch to an alternative such as an electric toothbrush.
– Store your toothbrush upright in an aired-out location.
– For more oral health care tips and treatments, visit your dentist for oral exams, routine checkups, and professional cleanings.
– To prevent contamination, avoid storing your toothbrush with other toothbrushes or in a closed container.
If you are ready to see what better oral hygiene treatments can do to enhance your oral health, please come visit Dental Implant and Aesthetic Specialists of Atlanta at our dentist office in Decatur, Georgia. Dr. Brett Langston and our team can be reached at (404) 321-4588.